TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE PURCHASE OF GOODS
1. Applicability. These terms and conditions of purchase (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the purchase of goods (“Goods”) by Knipex Tools L.P. (“Buyer”) from the seller named on a purchase order (“Seller”). The attached Accepted Purchase Order (as defined below) and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Seller’s general terms and conditions of sale regardless whether or when Seller has submitted its sales confirmation or such terms. Fulfillment of an Accepted Purchase Order (as defined below) following receipt of these Terms constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
2. Delivery of Goods and Performance of Services; Storage of Goods.
(a) Buyer shall submit a purchase order to Seller for the Goods. Promptly after Seller’s receipt of such purchase order, Seller shall send Buyer an e-mail confirmation to [email protected] confirming receipt of such purchase order (the “Confirmation”). Promptly after Buyer’s receipt of the Confirmation, Buyer shall send a written acceptance from such email of such Confirmation and the purchase order shall be accepted (an “Accepted Purchase Order”).
(b) Seller shall deliver the Goods in the quantities and on the date(s) specified in the Accepted Purchase Order or as otherwise mutually agreed in writing by the parties (the “Delivery Date”). Seller acknowledges that time is of the essence with respect to Seller’s obligations hereunder and the timely delivery of the Goods, including all performance dates, timetables, project milestones and other requirements in this Agreement. Seller agrees to 100% on-time delivery of the quantities and at the times specified by Buyer, as stated in the Accepted Purchase Order. Buyer has the right to return any Goods delivered prior to the Delivery Date at Seller’s expense and Seller shall redeliver such Goods on the Delivery Date. Seller shall deliver all Goods to the address specified in the Accepted Purchase Order (the “Delivery Point”) during Buyer’s normal business hours or as otherwise instructed by Buyer. Seller shall pack all Goods for shipment according to Buyer’s instructions or, if there are no instructions, in a manner sufficient to ensure that the Goods are delivered in undamaged condition. Seller must provide Buyer prior written notice if it requires Buyer to return any packaging material. Any return of such packaging material shall be made at Seller’s risk of loss and expense.
(c) From time to time, Buyer may store Goods with Seller upon request for an amount of time to be agreed upon by the parties and at no additional charge to Buyer. Seller shall: (a) comply with Buyer’s reasonable instructions relating to the Goods; (b) protect the stored Goods from damage or loss and maintain suitable storage conditions for the Goods; (c) shall physically segregate the stored Goods from any inventory owned by others and maintain appropriate levels of security for the stored Goods; and (d) maintain the storage space in a good and orderly condition in conformance with generally accepted industry standards and all applicable legal standards. Title and exclusive ownership to the stored Goods shall remain with Buyer at all times.
3. Quantity. If Seller delivers excess Goods, Buyer may reject all or any excess Goods. Any such rejected Goods shall be returned to Seller at Seller’s sole risk and expense. If Buyer does not reject the Goods and instead accepts the delivery of Goods at the increased quantity, the Price for the Goods shall be adjusted on a pro-rata basis to account for such excess Goods.
4. Shipping; Title and Risk of Loss. Delivery shall be made in accordance with the instructions on the Accepted Purchase Order. The Accepted Purchase Order number must appear on all shipping documents, shipping labels, bills of lading, air waybills, invoices, correspondence and any other documents pertaining to the Accepted Purchase Order. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
5. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. Buyer has the right to inspect the Goods for thirty (30) days following the Delivery Date. Buyer, at its sole option, may inspect all or a sample of the Goods, and may reject all or any portion of the Goods if it determines the Goods are nonconforming or defective. If Buyer rejects any portion of the Goods, Buyer has the right, effective upon written notice to Seller, to: (a) rescind this Agreement in its entirety; (b) accept the Goods at a reasonably reduced price mutually acceptable to the parties; or (c) reject the Goods and require replacement of the rejected Goods. If Buyer requires replacement of the Goods, Seller shall, at its expense, promptly replace the nonconforming or defective Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective goods and the delivery of replacement Goods. If Seller fails to timely deliver replacement Goods, Buyer may replace them with goods from a third party and charge Seller the cost thereof and terminate the Accepted Purchase Order(s) for cause pursuant to Section 16. Any inspection or other action by Buyer under this Section shall not reduce or otherwise affect Seller’s obligations under this Agreement, and Buyer shall have the right to conduct further inspections after Seller has carried out its remedial actions.
6. Price. The price of the Goods is the price stated in the Accepted Purchase Order (the “Price”). Unless otherwise specified in the Accepted Purchase Order, the Price includes all packaging, transportation costs to the Delivery Point, customs duties and fees and applicable taxes, including, but not limited to, all sales, use or excise taxes. No increase in the Price is effective, whether due to increased material, labor or transportation costs or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Buyer.
7. Payment Terms. Seller shall issue an invoice to Buyer on or any time after the completion of delivery and only in accordance with these Terms. Buyer shall pay all properly invoiced amounts due to Seller within thirty (30) days after Buyer’s receipt of such invoice, except for any amounts disputed by Buyer in good faith. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy it may have, Buyer reserves the right to set off at any time any amount owing to it by Seller against any amount payable by Buyer to Seller under this Agreement.
8. Seller's Obligations. Seller shall: (a) obtain, and at all times during the term of this Agreement, maintain, all necessary licenses and consents and comply with all relevant laws applicable to the operation of its business; (b) to the extent applicable, comply with all rules, regulations and policies of Buyer, including security procedures concerning systems and data and remote access thereto, building security procedures, and general health and safety practices and procedures; (c) maintain complete and accurate records relating to the sale of the Goods under this Agreement; (d) ensure that all of its equipment used in the provision of this Agreement is in good working order and suitable for the purposes for which it is used, and conforms to all relevant legal standards and standards specified by the Buyer; and (e) keep and maintain any Buyer equipment in its possession in good working order and shall not dispose of or use such equipment other than in accordance with the Buyer’s written instructions or authorization.
9. Change Orders. Buyer may at any time, by written instructions and/or drawings issued to Seller (each a “Change Order”), order changes to the Services. Seller shall within five (5) days of receipt of a Change Order submit to Buyer a firm cost proposal for the Change Order. If Buyer accepts such cost proposal, Seller shall proceed with the changed services subject to the cost proposal and the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Seller acknowledges that a Change Order may or may not entitle Seller to an adjustment in the Seller's compensation or the performance deadlines under this Agreement.
(a) Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of twelve (12) months from the Delivery Date, all Goods will: (i) be free from any defects in workmanship, material and design; (ii) conform to applicable specifications specified by Buyer; (iii) be fit for their intended purpose and operate as intended; (iv) be merchantable; (v) be free and clear of all liens, security interests or other encumbrances; and (vi) not infringe or misappropriate any third party's patent or other intellectual property rights. These warranties survive any delivery, inspection, acceptance or payment of or for the Goods by Buyer.
(b) The warranties set forth in this Section 10 are cumulative and in addition to any other warranty provided by law or equity. Any applicable statute of limitations runs from the date of Buyer’s discovery of the noncompliance of the Goods with the foregoing warranties. If Buyer gives Seller notice of noncompliance pursuant to this Section, Seller shall, at its own cost and expense, promptly replace or repair the defective or nonconforming Goods and pay for all related expenses, including, but not limited to, transportation charges for the return of the defective or nonconforming goods to Seller and the delivery of repaired or replacement Goods to Buyer.
11. General Indemnification. Seller shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns and their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Indemnitees”) against any and all loss, injury, death, damage, liability, claim, deficiency, action, judgment, interest, award, penalty, fine, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney and professional fees and costs, and the cost of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of or occurring in connection with the Goods purchased from Seller or Seller’s negligence, willful misconduct or breach of this Agreement. Seller shall not enter into any settlement without Buyer’s prior written consent.
12. Intellectual Property Indemnification. Seller shall, at its expense, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer and any Indemnitee against any and all Losses arising out of or in connection with any claim that Buyer’s or Indemnitee’s use or possession of the Goods infringes or misappropriates the patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. In no event shall Seller enter into any settlement without Buyer’s or Indemnitee’s prior written consent.
13. Insurance. During the term of this Agreement, Seller shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) with coverage of no less than $1,000,000, and other industry standard coverages, with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Buyer’s request, Seller shall provide Buyer with a certificate of insurance from Seller’s insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in these Terms. The certificate of insurance shall name Buyer as an additional insured. Seller shall provide Buyer with thirty (30) days’ advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Seller’s insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Seller shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Seller's insurers and Seller.
14. Compliance with Law. Seller shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Seller shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Seller shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Seller. Seller assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Buyer may terminate any affected Accepted Purchase Order if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
15. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under this Agreement, Buyer may terminate any Accepted Purchase Order with immediate effect upon written notice to the Seller, either before or after the acceptance of the Goods, (A) if Seller has not performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part, (B) if the Seller becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors, then the Buyer may terminate any open Accepted Purchase Orders upon written notice to Seller. If Buyer terminates any open Accepted Purchase Orders for any reason, Seller’s sole and exclusive remedy is payment for the Goods received and accepted by Buyer prior to the termination. Buyer may terminate an Accepted Purchase Order without penalty, for any reason or no reason upon prior written notice to Seller.
16. Waiver; Amendment. No waiver by Buyer of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by both parties. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing stating specifically that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
17. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Buyer, including but not limited to, specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Buyer to Seller, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the purpose of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Buyer in writing. Upon Buyer’s request, Seller shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Buyer. Buyer shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Seller at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
18. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such party’s (the “Impacted Party”) failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the non-performing party including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, pandemic, epidemic or restrictive quarantine, revolution, insurrection, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage. In the event that Seller is the Impacted Party and Seller’s failure or delay pursuant to this Section 18 remains uncured for a period of thirty (30) calendar days, Buyer may immediately cancel any Accepted Purchase Orders so affected upon written notice.
19. Assignment. Seller shall not assign, transfer, delegate or subcontract any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Buyer. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section shall be null and void. No assignment or delegation shall relieve the Seller of any of its obligations hereunder. Buyer may at any time assign or transfer any or all of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without Seller’s prior written consent to any affiliate or to any person acquiring all or substantially all of Buyer's assets.
20. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
21. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
22. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Illinois.
23. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Accepted Purchase Order or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
24. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
25. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of any and all Accepted Purchase Orders.